Registration Fee: $60
Group Cooking, Wine and Language classes
Program A: 3 group cooking classes (once a week) + 3 wine classes (once a week)
Program B: 6 group cooking classes (twice a week)
Program C: 6 group cooking classes (twice a week) + 3 group wine classes (once a week)
Program D: 9 group cooking classes + 3 group wine classes**
** Any additional set of 3 group classes = Additional Cost: $116
Group Course Offerings:
Italian Regional Cuisine - Every Monday - a taste of Italy! Come and experience how the various regions of Italy each developed a unique taste for produce. Find out where and when some typical dishes were invented (lasagna, risotto alla milanese) and give them a try by cooking and then tasting the delicious outcome!
Tuscan Cuisine - Tuscany, an amazing region that hosts mountains and rolling hills, well-known for its refined wines, as well as several prominent seaside dishes. Explore the surroundings of Florence through the sense of taste, experiencing a different city and area of Tuscany each week, all while cooking exceptional meals.
Italian Wine Culture & Wine Pairing - Wine – another Italian excellence – These classes will help you identify and map the vines and wines which hail from Italian soil. Through the tasting and pairing of food and wine, you will gain familiarity with Italian wine culture, signature wines and the delicious food with which it is paired
Italian Baking & Pastry - How is Tuscan bread made? What is the difference between 'Focaccia' and 'Schiacciata'? What are 'biscotti' in the Italian culture? Learn more about Italian regional desserts and their characteristics in this class! While attending class you will learn the cultural staples of Italian baking and pastry, such as Tiramisù or Cantuccini di Prato, according to their appropriate seasons.
Gastronomic Tours - Food & Wine Visits in Florence -First-hand experience while on site! Each week you will have the opportunity to walk through the city center and taste special products and dishes that distinguish Tuscany from the rest of Italy. From the elegant “Enoteca,” to the more traditional “Vinaino,” a specific focus is placed on street food and its implications in contemporary Florence. Class tours will guide you through a direct and cultural on-site experience!
- Italian Regional Cuisine - Mondays 3.00pm - 5.30pm
- Tuscan Cuisine - Tuesdays 3.00pm - 5.30pm
- Italian Wine Culture & Wine Pairing - Wednesdays 3.00pm - 5.30pm
- Italian Baking & Pastry - Thursdays 3.00pm - 5.30pm
- Food and Wine tours/visits in Florence - Fridays 3.00pm - 5.30pm
* Students may add a 3-week intensive group Italian language program, LA VITA E' BELLA, in conjunction with Programs A, B, C, or D for an additional $675. Please see description below.
La Vita è Bella - Italian Language Program
This language prorgam is available to those enrolled in a 3-Week Program. This program consists of 3 weeks of study and includes the following:
- 36 classroom hours of language instruction
- 9 hours of required time in the Italian language and media laboratory.
- All required textbooks and materials for the successful completion of the course. (Textbooks to be returned at the end of term)
- Gym membership for the duration of the course.
La Vita e Bella Cost: $560
Italian Language Program Meeting Times:
- Monday through Thursday at 9:00AM-11:30AM (Non-Summer Sessions)
- Monday through Friday at 9:00AM-11:30AM (Summer Sessions)
All students will take a placement test to determine their language level.
School policy requires that when there are less than 4 students in a language class, the class will be taught at reduced contact hours. With fewer students the instructor is able to cover the same program in less time.